Homestay hosts are needed in Barrie, Ontario!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with Georgian College and Simcoe County District School Board to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming to study in Barrie, Ontario.
If you are interested in hosting one or more students, please click here to apply to be a host.
2017 Summer Program
There's an urgent need for homestay families for four-week programs this summer for international students attending Georgian College.
Hosts willing to accomodate both minors and adults who live 25 to 35 minutes via public transit to Georgian College are are encouraged to contact Erin Wladarski at 705-481-7571 ext. 2027 or email@example.com for more information or click here to apply to be a host.
Bring the world to your front door
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
For more information about being a Canada Homestay Network host, contact Or click here to apply to be a host.
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home