Homestay hosts are needed in Fredericton, New Brunswick!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with the University of New Brunswick (UNB), New Brunswick Community College and local middle / high schools to arrange caring homestay hosts for adult and grades 7 to 12 international students attending classes in Fredericton.
If you have a spare room and are interested in hosting one or more students, please click here to apply to be a host.
Bring the world to your front door
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home
For more information about being a Canada Homestay Network host, contact Liane at 1-877-441-4443 ext. 2062, Pam at 1-877-441-4443 ext. 2061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or click here to apply to be a host.