Explore Program bringing 200 Quebec teens to Hamilton this summer
Mohawk College has partnered with the Centre Linguistique du College de Jonquiere in Quebec through the federally funded Explore Program and is looking for homestay host families for 200 boys and girls, age 16 and 17, for five weeks this summer.
The students will be in Hamilton from July 2 to Aug. 2 and will be attending English language classes at Mohawk each morning and taking part in a variety of social, cultural and sporting activities in the afternoon.
These students need a place to stay! If you live within 45 minutes by public transit of Mohawk College and can provide an English, French or bilingual environment, you could be a homestay host! Click here to apply!
[ Read more about this program article by Mark Newman, Hamilton Mountain News ]
Your family can benefit from hosting
The Canada Homestay Network provides:
- A generous allowance ($800/month for regular students, $27 per night for short-term programs) to help offset hosting expenses
- 24x7cultural and first-language support
- The opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
Why host a student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome a student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses