Homestay hosts are needed in Montreal, Quebec!
The Canada Homestay Network (CHN) is looking for caring homestay hosts for international highschool students (ages 12-17) coming to study in the areas of Westmount, Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, Côte St. Luc, Hampstead, Ville St. Laurent and Côte Des Neiges. CHN is also looking for hosts who live close to the following bus pickup/dropoff points in Laval for students taking public transit::
- Walmart, Laval Est Supercentre 5205 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, Laval
- Pharmaprix, 1006 rue de la Lavatere, Mega Centre Notre-Dame (St. Dorothée)
- Multi-Luminaire, 2591 Boul. Daniel-Johnson (near Carrefour Laval)
If you are interested in hosting one or more students, please click here to apply to be a host.
Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first language support to hosts and their students 24x7 and a generous allowance to help offset expenses.
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses ($800/month in Montreal)
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home