Homestay hosts are needed in Orleans, Ontario!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board’s International Student Program, Conseil des écoles publiques de l'Est de l’Ontario and a number of post-secondary institutions to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming to study in Nepean, Orleans, and Ottawa, Ontario.
If you can provide an English, French or bilingual environment, are interested in hosting one or more students and live in one of the following areas of Orleans, please click here to apply to be a host:
We're looking for hosts in specific locations close to Colonel By Secondary School, Dunning Foubert Elementary School, and Maple Ridge Elementary School.
Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first language support to hosts and their students 24x7 and a generous allowance ($750/month) to offset expenses.
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses ($750/month)
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home