Homestay hosts are needed urgently for students from Denmark studying in Ottawa, Ontario
Interested in hosting a college student from Denmark? Students from Copenhagen's Niels Brock Business College are attending Algonquin College for an 8-week study in late January 2018.
- 8-week stay: Jan 26 - Mar 24
- 8-week stay: Jan 28 - Mar 25
*Preference will be given to hosts who are less than a 45-minute bus commute to Algonquin for an 8 a.m. start.
Your family can benefit from hosting students
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Year-round, ongoing programs
If you live within 45 minutes by public transit of any one of the below schools and can provide an English, French or bilingual environment, you could be an international student homestay host!
The following schools will be welcoming students between the ages of 12 and 16, who will be studying English during the school year:
The following post-secondary schools are welcoming students ages 16 to adult:
- Algonquin College
Note: We are always recruiting anglophone, francophone and bilingual hosts to welcome highschool students, adult students and teachers throughout the year!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home