Homestay hosts are needed in Peterborough, Cobourg & Brighton, Ontario!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with Fleming College and Trent University to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming from Mexico and Panama to study in Peterborough, Cobourg and Brighton.
Your family can benefit from hosting students
Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous host allowance to offset expenses and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door.
If you can host one or more high school or university-age students part or full-time, contact Christina McDannold at 1 877 441 4443 ext. 2008 or email@example.com. Click here to apply now!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Read our Frequently Asked Hosting Questions or to apply to be a host, click here. For more information about being a Canada Homestay Network host in Peterborough, contact Christina McDannold at 1 877 441 4443 ext. 2008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home
To apply to be a host, click here. For more information about being a Canada Homestay Network host, contact Christina McDannold at 1 877 441 4443 ext. 2008 or email@example.com.