Homestay hosts are needed in Lambton Kent District!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with Lambton Kent District School Board to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students coming to study in Wallaceburg, Chatham, Petrolia and Sarnia, Ontario
Hosting in Lambton Kent District
There are year-round hosting opportunities with highschool age students of many nationalities. Hosts can welcome short-term or long-term student stays.
Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first language support to hosts and their students 24x7 and a generous allowance to help offset expenses.
READ MORE: LKDSB fostering educational partnerships with other countries in The Wallaceburg Courier Press.
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience. When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home