Homestay hosts are needed in Quebec City, Quebec!
The Canada Homestay Network has partnered with the Central Quebec School Board (CQSB) and independent college/university/language schools to arrange caring homestay hosts for international students from around the world studying in Quebec City for long- and short-term stays.
- Homestay hosts for Brazilian students ages 15 to 17 taking part in sports programs at Université Laval (8-week summer program)
- Homestay hosts for students (minors & adults) studying French at Bouchereau Lingua International (1-month programs)
- High school students attending St. Patrick's High School and Quebec Highschool for the academic year.
If you are interested in hosting one or more students, can provide an English, French or bilingual environment, and live with in 60 minutes by public transit of the schools listed above, we want to hear from you!
Bring the world to your front door!
The Canada Homestay Network provides cultural and first-language support to hosts and their students 24x7, a generous allowance to help offset expense and the opportunity to bring the world to your front door!
What you provide:
- Three nutritious meals / day
- Utilities including laundry and internet
- A private bedroom, desk and closet
- A patient, caring, and friendly home atmosphere
- The same guidance and attention you would want for one of your loved ones travelling overseas!
Why host an international student?
Being a homestay host is a rewarding experience.
When you make the decision to welcome an international student into your home, you make a lasting contribution to your family, your community and the student. [ learn more ]
Host families who welcome international students into their home:
- Grow their understanding of the world and its peoples
- Make life-long friendships
- Get to share the beauty of their home and community
- Ensure their local economy benefits from the booming international education industry
- Receive a generous allowance to offset expenses
International students who live with Canadian families:
- Learn language and Canadian culture in a healthy, caring environment
- Get a positive introduction to Canadian family life, which encourages many to apply for permanent residency after graduation
- Become valuable future partners in trade, political relations and global leadership
- Bring a broader world-view to their communities back home